ESPAÑOL      |      PORTUGUÊS      |      FRANÇAIS      |      DEUTSCH      |      我们说普通话      |      हिंदी      |      বাংলা

Call Today for a FREE
in Office Consultation

(212) 201-9031

Toll Free: 1-88-VISA-LAW-1

How To Get NY Visas

New York City is one of the most attractive cities in the world to live in. This attraction draws people worldwide to a life in the Big Apple. The availability of high paying jobs is a big draw for the national community. However, given recent developments by the Trump Administration immigration is harder than ever. Today we are going to examine the NY visa process. We will discuss the different types of NY visas as well as the application process.

NY Visas Types

There are two classifications of visas, non-immigrant and immigrant visas. The state department issues immigrant visas to those who wish to stay in the U.S. permanently. Non-immigrants visas are given to those people whose wish is to stay in the country temporarily. These types of visas include medical treatment, vacation, or temporary jobs. Within these classifications, there are also many types of NY visas.

The most common NY visas are employment visas. The immigrant visas for employment are the EB-1 through EB-5 visas as well as the green card. A green card which is also known as the diversity visa is given out through a lottery system. You can learn more about the lottery system here.

EB-2, EB-3, and EB-4 visas are for immigrants with high qualifications. Your prospective employer must prove that there are no suitable American candidates for the job in order to apply for one of these visas. They also must prove that your presence will not reduce the working conditions or pay for American’s in similar positions. Because of the strict rules, these types of visas have a complex application process.

NY Visas: Non-Immigrant

The second type of NY visas is non-immigrant. These visas are temporary. The most common types of non-immigrant visas are H-1B and O-1. These visas are for people that have “specialty occupations” or “extraordinary abilities.” H-1B and O-1 visas last three years. However, the length of these visas can be eligible for extensions.

The most popular type of non-immigrant visa is the E-1 visa. This visa is for employees of companies from countries the U.S. has a trade treaty with. In most cases, these visas are eligible for an indefinite extension. An E-1 visa also allows family members of the visa holder to apply for employment visas in the U.S. To qualify, the applicant must be a national of a treaty country and carry out principal and substantial trade with the USA.

The Visa Waiver Program allows people to enter the U.S. for 90 days without a visa. The program only requires someone to apply at an embassy in their home country before traveling to the United States. Upon arrival, the person must register with the Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ESTA). If you do not qualify for the waiver program, you must apply for a B-1 visa which limits your stay to six months.

There are quite a few non-immigrant visas available. They range in purpose from those trying to escape violence to those traveling to the U.S.

NY Visas: Do You Need Help?

Many visa applications are straightforward. They have a simple process that is usually handled entirely by the embassy in your home country. Some of these visas require the participation of your new employer in the application process.

There are some instances where you may want to seek legal advice about your immigration status. If you are looking to extend your visa you may want to consult with an attorney. An attorney can help you through the extension process. This process may be more complex than the initial application and you will most likely want the help of an attorney.

Also, if you are accused of a crime, your immigration status is immediately in question. If you receive criminal charges, consult with an immigration attorney immediately. Given the political landscape, immigrants with criminal charges are being deported quickly. Therefore, you do not want to waste any time. Consult with a New York immigration attorney immediately to discuss your options.

Pozo Goldstein Can Help

No matter what your immigration needs are the attorneys at Pozo Goldstein are ready to assist you. Whether you want to bring your family to the country or you have recent criminal charges that jeopardize your immigration status Pozo Goldstein can help.

If you have any questions about visa applications or your immigration status contact Pozo Goldstein today and find out how we can help.