ESPAÑOL      |      PORTUGUÊS      |      FRANÇAIS      |      DEUTSCH      |      我们说普通话      |      हिंदी      |      বাংলা

Call Today for a FREE
in Office Consultation

(212) 201-9031

Toll Free: 1-88-VISA-LAW-1

New York Business Immigration Lawyer

At our firm, we are dedicated to helping clear up all of your immigration issues. Get in touch with the best New York Business Immigration Lawyer around.

Do you Have Business Opportunities Overseas?

With technology advancing and the business market growing, there arises a great need for the best, the brightest and, in some cases, the most imaginative workers in order for companies and businesses to stay ahead of their competitors. Sometimes this means seeking workers from around the world to gain an edge, or a unique experience or skill in order to set a company apart from the rest. When a worker is sought from out of the country, that person will need a work visa or to go through the process of business immigration.

The process of business immigration can be long and tedious; this is why it is so important to have a skilled and experienced New York immigration lawyer on your side to help you through the process. There are many hold-ups that can surface during a process like this, as well as many other impeding problems. Immigration in general can be a very difficult and precise process, and if everything is not done correctly, problems can arise, even if all procedures are followed, some issues can still arise.

Helping Businessmen and Women with Their Immigration Needs

It is not uncommon for American businesses to require the help of non-American workers for temporary and permanent help. At our firm, we recognize the confusion that surrounds this area of the law and are dedicated to helping clear up any misconceptions that may be had. Below, you will find information regarding the two main sections of business visas.

Nonimmigrant Visas

  • Over 20 different types of visas for temporary purposes.
  • Employees must be visiting for a period of time that is both temporary and defined.
  • Must either be sponsored or have specific purposes for entering the country.
  • Must undergo two screening processes.
  • May be limited on an annual basis.

Immigrant Visas

  • Only five basic types of visas for permanent residents.
  • Immigrants may become permanent and receive a green card.
  • Typically sponsored by employer in the United States.
  • May petition based on extraordinary ability.
  • Must not have negative effect on U.S. workers.

Temporary (Nonimmigrant) Workers

Some foreign nationals who wish to enter the United States for business or employment opportunities have no intention of staying away from their homeland permanently. Rather, they are looking to seek temporary employment in the U.S. and then returning home at a later date. For these individuals, lawful entrance into the U.S. can be permitted on a nonimmigrant status, thus allowing for the foreign national to work in the country temporarily.

Temporary employment for nonimmigrant workers requires the prospective employer to file a nonimmigrant petition with the United States Citizenship and Immigrant Services (USCIS) on behalf of the individual who is seeking entrance into the U.S. As can be found on the left-hand side of the page, there are many types of nonimmigrant work visas that can be utilized when a foreign national is looking to enter the country for a temporary period of time, and knowing which visa will correctly fit the needs of your situation can be determined by a New York business immigration attorney at our office.

Foreign nationals who are permitted temporary entrance into the U.S. for work purposes may be able to bring with them a spouse and / or children; in essence, they can bring with them their dependents. Spouses and children who wish to accompany their loved one to the U.S. under the classification of a dependent nonimmigrant of a temporary worker will be expected to apply for this type of visa allowance at a U.S. consulate.

If the spouse and / or child of a temporary nonimmigrant worker needs to extend or otherwise change the conditions of their dependent nonimmigrant classification status, they must do so by filing a Form I-539, Application to Extend / Change Nonimmigrant Status. In order to ensure that the application is completed correctly, thus allowing you to remain in the U.S. with your loved one, make sure you work with an attorney who can walk you through the process step by step.

Speak with a New York Immigration Attorney

A skilled and experienced New York business immigration lawyer from Pozo Goldstein, LLP will be able to aid you in the case of a business immigration process. Because of all of the legal complications that can arise, it is important that you have a business immigration lawyer in New York from our firm on your side throughout the duration of this process. Our firm has an advantage in these types of cases that few other law firms have, we have access to the legal experience of a former judge as well as former immigration prosecuting attorneys. We also offer a free in-house case evaluation in addition to contact availability 24/7.