ESPAÑOL      |      PORTUGUÊS      |      FRANÇAIS      |      DEUTSCH      |      我们说普通话      |      हिंदी      |      বাংলা

Call Today for a FREE
in Office Consultation

(212) 201-9031

Toll Free: 1-88-VISA-LAW-1

Obtaining a Work Visa in New York

Obtaining a work visa in New York is easy when you have the best business immigration attorneys on your side; call the law offices of Pozo Goldstein today.

There are many different visas and many different kinds of visas for different purposes. When a foreign national wishes to enter the United States for the purpose of living and working here, they would apply for a work visa. Generally, work visas are classified as non-immigrant visas and do not establish permanent residency. There are several different work visas available to foreigners, depending on the type of work they do, and the duration they wish to stay. Determining which is right for your situation is the job for a New York business immigration lawyer at our firm, so don’t wait to call our office today.

Available work visas include, but are not limited to, the following:

  • H-1B Visa – A specialty worker who is very specific in the type of work that they will be doing.
  • H-2 Visa – The temporary skilled or unskilled worker H2B visa is given to those who will be working in the U.S. for no longer than one year.
  • E-3 Visa – This is a specific visa for Australian nationals who wish to provide services in a specialty occupation, this is called a temporary skilled visa for Australian nationals.
  • O Visa –This visa is available for those who are deemed to have extraordinary ability in several different fields, including the sciences, arts, education, business and athletic pursuits.
  • Q Visa –Available to those who are seeking to participate in an international cultural exchange program that has been designated by the USCIS, to share the history, culture and traditions of your home with the U.S.
  • L Visa –Employees who are transferring within a company to an office or branch in the United States. This could be at an executive level or someone who possesses specialized knowledge.
  • P Visa –Permitting those who are athletes, artists and entertainers who are entering into the country with the clear purpose of performance.
  • D Visa –Allowance for members on sea vessels and aircraft who are travelling within the United States as part of their job description. Must leave the U.S. on the same vessel that they arrived in or within 29 days.
  • I Visa –Permitting members of foreign media to come into the United States to fulfill their job, all while maintaining residence in their country of organ. Must be deemed a “representative of the foreign media.”

Petitions & Labor Certifications for Nonimmigrant Workers

Petition Form I-129

Application for a temporary workers visa must be made at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate, and can only be made after the abroad applicant has obtained the necessary Form I-129, also known as a Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker. This can be obtained from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). The form must then be submitted at the USCIS Temporary Workers webpage at least six months prior to the proposed start date of employment, and it must be submitted only by the prospective employer.

Labor Certification

Applying for a workers visa in the U.S. is no easy feat. Among the many expectations of immigrants at this time includes obtaining labor certification. To clarify, persons who wish to be considered for a nonimmigrant visa, must cater to the fact that certain categories will first require the prospective employer of the applicant in question to obtain labor certification, or another type of approval from the Department of Labor. Only once this has been received can the prospective employer file the Form I-129, Petition for Nonimmigrant Worker with the USCIS.

Call Pozo Goldstein, LLP to Discuss Your Case

When applying for a work visa, or any other kind of visa, there are many legal issues that arise. The process of applying can be long and difficult, especially for someone who is not familiar with the laws pertaining to immigration. If you are seeking to obtain a work visa for the United States, contact Pozo Goldstein, LLP for sound legal advice. Our firm is dedicated to providing excellent legal service to all of our clients, we offer a free in-house case evaluation as well as 24/7 contact availability. We believe in the importance of one-on-one personal service to our clients in order to provide comprehensive service.